5 Tips on How to Save Money on Home Repairs in Egypt written by House Solution Team
Having your very own home is everyone's dream because it gives you the sense of accomplishment in life. Unfortunately, your dream home also brings great responsibility.
When it is time to make home repairs and maintenance, you will find that home improvement can be expensive, and you wish that you have rented the place instead of owning it. In fact, not all home repairs are costly and difficult. Here are some tips on how you can save money on home repairs in Egypt.
- Always maintain your house. For example, if you clean your carpet or home furniture on a regular basis, you do not have to replace them very soon. By keeping your home clean and in good functional order, you do not have to make repairs too often and can save a great deal of money in the long term.
- Learn how to make your repairs. There are some simple home repairs like changing the tap or painting the bathroom that is easy to do yourself, and you do not have to hire a professional to help you. However, if you need a rewiring of your home, for instance, you need a licensed electrician to do that for you.
- Shop around for the best prices for your supplies. When it comes to supplies, remember to check eBay or retailers' websites to find good deals. It is good to compare the prices of the supplies from the various sources as they vary quite significantly.
- Get help from friends or family if you cannot make the repairs yourself. Before you engage a contractor to help, you can check around to see if any friend or family member can help with the repair at home. You will be amazed to find that among them, there is an expert who can do the repair equally well as the professionals.
- Before you hire a contractor for your home repairs (especially if it is a large job), you must get a few price quotations before hiring. Despite that you may have a preferred contractor whom you want to use, it is still good to find out other people's pricing, and this allows you to bargain for a lower price with your preferred contractor. If your home repair is a large project, you may want to consider taking up a low-interest loan. Do not use your credit cards as their interest rates are very high. You can use your vehicle as collateral to get a new loan.
No doubt making repairs to your home can be costly, but there are so many ways you can reduce your costs. But more importantly, you must take steps to avoid or reduce repairs for your home and take the time to have the best price for your home repair job instead of getting the first contractor. Using higher quality products may save you money on repairs in the long run. You should also avoid hiring professionals you don't need if you want to keep your out-of-pocket costs low. Just in case you're planning a relatively simple renovation, you probably won't need the expensive aid of an architect. Get a contractor involved only after you have finished doing everything you're capable of yourself.
How You Save Money With Home Repairs Geared Toward Conserving Energy If you hang around the home improvement boards long enough, you will quickly come to realize that there tend to be two different lines of thinking how to save money on home repairs in Egypt: those that are concerned with creating a more energy efficient home and those that want to create a more aesthetically pleasing home. While each set of thoughts have their advantages and disadvantages, there is no reason why the determined homeowner cannot receive the best of both worlds: a beautified home that reduces energy consumption and cost.
The following are a few tips to set you on your way to achieving just that. Replacement Windows The Department of Energy recently stated that most families waste up to 5% of their homes energy because of bad windows and doors. Replacing windows that are more energy efficient not only will save you on heating and cooling costs down the road, but it can also help update the look of your home from the outside. The more efficient your windows are, the less your other systems, like your heating and air, will have to work to make your house comfortable. Window Replacement.
There are many products out on the market which help reduce the amount of energy your home loses and that includes vinyl siding. Vinyl siding not only improves the look of your home, but it can dramatically increase the R-value of your home which will help keep you cooler in summer and warmer in winter. Plus, vinyl siding is virtually maintenance and pest free! So not only will you be saving money in energy costs, but you won't have to worry about painting, pests or other issues that come up when you have regular wood siding on your home. Another great way to help your energy costs is by replacing your old appliances. Now that stainless steel kitchen appliances are becoming increasingly mainstream, they are quite the modern touch to a kitchen and can help it look more sleek and streamlined. What's more, energy costs can go down quite a bit, since they use less water and electricity to do the same job the old appliance does.
Imagine being able to lower your energy bill while still having cold drinks and making delicious food, all in an innovative, stylish kitchen. A/C Wall Units Depending on what kind of model you have, whether window A/C or central A/C you need to consider the energy efficiency of both. Window coolers are nice since they help cool a room quickly, but they may also be the main culprit for your house not being as energy efficient as it could be with Windows leaks and the fact that it could draw out a lot of power. And central A/C is great when you take the time to maintain all the facets of it. You have to change out the filters regularly, so it does not get bogged down and sometimes, it's just better to replace the whole unit with a newer more efficient model that doesn't use so much energy to run. Washer/Dryer Energy saving notions almost always involves the washer and dryer. When you have your washer and dryer run at night, you will not use the power source quite so much, which can result in less electricity being used. Naturally, there are also energy efficient washer and dryers that you can invest in. What's more, they look amazing and are a nice addition to your home.